Teen Overdoses on Caffeine Powder, Doctors Explain Risks - NewsWest9.com
Many of us can't go a day without a cup of coffee. But one teen in Ohio got his fix by taking caffeine powder. He died suddenly of an overdose. NewsWest 9 went out to investigate the risks.
"It makes you alert. They have done studies where people's reaction times are better," Sissy Hinojos, Physician Assistant in Family Medicine with Texas Tech Health Science Center at the Permian Basin, said.
Read the full story >>
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences hosted its 34th Annual Student Research Week March 8-11.
The National Cancer Institute awarded a five-year, $1.9 million grant to C. Patrick Reynolds, M.D., Ph.D., director for the School of Medicine Cancer Center at TTUHSC.
The TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy celebrated the Class of 2022 May 21 with its annual commencement ceremony.
Equip Yourself with Lifesaving Skills – Know How to Stop the Bleed During National Stop the Bleed Month
Brittany Bankhead, M.D., an assistant professor of surgery for the Division of Trauma, Burns and Critical Care at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, said life-threatening bleeding can happen in everyday scenarios.