Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 38th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics 7:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 15 and 7:15 a.m. to noon Aug. 16 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The purpose of this conference is to provide health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. Input from previous evaluations, faculty expertise and newly released and relevant clinical data are used to determine needs and scope of topics.
Top pediatric experts from across the country are scheduled to speak. Presentations and speakers will include:
Alice Gong, M.D.
• Human Milk for the Preterm Infant — Why?
• Screening for Critical Congenital Heart Disease in the Apparently Healthy Newborn
William A. Phillips, M.D.
• Common Variations of the Pediatric Lower Extremity
• Back Problems in Children
Michelle Kirk, M.D.
Marcela Nur, M.D.
• Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Adolescents: A Syndrome that can Present without Cysts
• Cutting, Carving and Slashing: Understanding Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in Adolescents
David Edwards, M.D.
• Does ‘Practice Make Perfect?’ Equipping the Pediatrician to Recognize and Treat Overuse Injuries
Sharmila Disssanaike, M.D.
• Managing Burns in Children — When, Where and How
Lesley Motheral, M.D.
• Acute Otitis Media: Practical Application of Current Guidelines
Jeffrey Starke, M.D.
• Tuberculosis for the General Pediatrician
• Cutting Adenitis: When to Treat and When to Cut
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.