37th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 37th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Aug. 16 and 7:15 a.m. to noon Aug. 17 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The purpose of this conference is to provide health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. Input from previous evaluations, faculty expertise and newly released and relevant clinical data are used to determine needs and scope of topics.
Presentations and speakers include:
Victor Fornari, M.D.
- Assessing Child and Adolescent Depression
- Assessment of Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Treatment of Child and Adolescent Depression for the Primary Care Physician
Steven R. Pliszka, M.D.
- Overview of Psychopharmacology
- ADHD: Assessment, Treatment, Comorbidities
- ADHD: Treatment of the Complicated ADHD Patient for the Primary Care Practitioner
Ernest Kendrick, M.D.
- A Potpourri of Psychiatric Disorders
David DuBose, M.D.
- Sleep Issues Associated with Psychiatric Disorders, Part 1
- Sleep Issues Associated with Psychiatric Disorders, Part 2
Melissa DeFilippis, M.D.
- An Overview of Bipolar Disorder for the Primary Care Physician
- Management of Behavioral Manifestations of Autism Spectrum Disorders
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
How Does Your Garden Grow?
As spring approaches, some people’s thoughts turn to gardening. Whether it’s a flower garden they desire or a vegetable garden want to have, they begin planning what they’ll plant and what they need to do to ensure a successful garden.
Adopt a Growth Mindset for a Better Life
A “growth mindset” accepts that our intelligence and talents can develop over time, and a person with that mindset understands that intelligence and talents can improve through effort and learning.
Drug Use, Family History Can Lead to Heart Disease in Younger Adults
Abstaining from drug abuse and an early diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) can help prevent heart disease.
TTUHSC to Host Lubbock’s Spring Medication Cleanout™
The TPPC, managed by the TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy, will host Lubbock’s Spring Medication Cleanout™ event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 22 (Saturday) at the Texas Tech Physicians Medical Pavilion.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Honors Inaugural Cohort of School of Nursing Traditional BSN Graduates with Lamp Lighting Ceremony
TTUHSC School of Nursing honored its first class of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) graduates with a lamp lighting ceremony on Thursday, March 30.
From House Calls to Virtual Visits
Texas Tech Physicians primary and specialty clinics across West Texas have completed more than 160,000 telehealth visits since the start of the pandemic.