37th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 37th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics 7:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Aug. 16 and 7:15 a.m. to noon Aug. 17 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The purpose of this conference is to provide health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. Input from previous evaluations, faculty expertise and newly released and relevant clinical data are used to determine needs and scope of topics.
Presentations and speakers include:
Victor Fornari, M.D.
- Assessing Child and Adolescent Depression
- Assessment of Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Treatment of Child and Adolescent Depression for the Primary Care Physician
Steven R. Pliszka, M.D.
- Overview of Psychopharmacology
- ADHD: Assessment, Treatment, Comorbidities
- ADHD: Treatment of the Complicated ADHD Patient for the Primary Care Practitioner
Ernest Kendrick, M.D.
- A Potpourri of Psychiatric Disorders
David DuBose, M.D.
- Sleep Issues Associated with Psychiatric Disorders, Part 1
- Sleep Issues Associated with Psychiatric Disorders, Part 2
Melissa DeFilippis, M.D.
- An Overview of Bipolar Disorder for the Primary Care Physician
- Management of Behavioral Manifestations of Autism Spectrum Disorders
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
As spring approaches, some people’s thoughts turn to gardening. Whether it’s a flower garden they desire or a vegetable garden want to have, they begin planning what they’ll plant and what they need to do to ensure a successful garden.
A “growth mindset” accepts that our intelligence and talents can develop over time, and a person with that mindset understands that intelligence and talents can improve through effort and learning.
Abstaining from drug abuse and an early diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) can help prevent heart disease.
TTUHSC’s Castro-Quirino Named to 2023-24 Fellows of HACU’s Leadership Academy/La Academia de Liderazgo
HACU announced Sonya Castro-Quirino, D.Bioethics, TTUHSC vice president of Office of Institutional Compliance, as one of the 50 fellows of HACU’s Leadership Academy/La Academia de Liderazgo.
Ronald L. Cook, DO, MBA, of Lubbock, Texas, was named the 2023 Texas Family Physician of the Year during TAFP’s Annual Session and Primary Care Summit in Grapevine on Nov. 11.
Ninh (Irene) La-Beck, Pharm.D., with the TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy, received a five-year, $2.49 million grant to investigate how nanoparticles interact with the immune system and cancer.