January Experts Available
Cervical Health Awareness Month
• Charles Kilpatrick, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – OB-GYN
National Birth Defects Prevention Month
• Yondell Masten, Ph.D., R.N., associate dean for outcomes management and evaluation in the School of Nursing, The Florence Thelma Hall Endowed Chair for Excellence in Women’s Health
• Lisa Dillard, R.N., BSN, Nurse-Family Partnership director at the Larry Combest Community Health & Wellness Center
• Roxane Holt, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians – OB-GYN
National Glaucoma Awareness Month
• David McCartney, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians Eye Clinic
Healthy Weight Week - Jan. 20-26
• Christie Hust, R.D., L.D., diabetes educator at the Larry Combest Community Health & Wellness Center
• Kathy Chauncey, Ph.D., R.D., Texas Tech Physicians – Family Medicine
How Does Your Garden Grow?
As spring approaches, some people’s thoughts turn to gardening. Whether it’s a flower garden they desire or a vegetable garden want to have, they begin planning what they’ll plant and what they need to do to ensure a successful garden.
Adopt a Growth Mindset for a Better Life
A “growth mindset” accepts that our intelligence and talents can develop over time, and a person with that mindset understands that intelligence and talents can improve through effort and learning.
Drug Use, Family History Can Lead to Heart Disease in Younger Adults
Abstaining from drug abuse and an early diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) can help prevent heart disease.
Willed Body Memorial Service Honors Those Who Donated
On Memorial Day each May, a service is conducted to pay respect to the Willed Body Program donors and their families.
Motivation From the Heart
While the TTU System aimed to cast a spotlight on these individuals and their work, the honorees chose to cast that light onto others, sharing their humble gratitude toward those who helped, guided and inspired them.
TTUHSC Honors Class of 2023 at Commencement Ceremonies
TTUHSC hosted commencement ceremonies for its 1,669-member Class of 2023.