Azikwe Nwosu, M.D., was one of the many faculty members honored for excellence by the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine dean.
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine recently recognized outstanding faculty with a banquet bearing the theme, “A Noble Path.” Faculty members were honored for excellence in five areas: pipeline programs, interprofessional teamwork, diversity, patient-centered care and community service.
- Dean’s Excellence in Teaching Award: Sanja Kupesic, M.D., Ph.D., professor of obstetrics and gynecology, radiology, and medical education
- Dean’s Innovation Award in Medical Education: Gordon Woods, M.D., MPHE, associate professor of medical education and internal medicine
- Dean’s Excellence in Research Award: Navkiran Shokar, M.D., MPH, associate professor of family and community medicine
- Dean’s Young Investigator Award: Jun Zhang, Ph.D., assistant professor in the departments of anesthesiology and biomedical sciences in the Center of Excellence in Neurosciences and Biomedical Sciences
- Dean’s Distinguished Service Award: Azikwe Nwosu, M.D., associate professor in the Department of Internal Medicine
- Mary Spalding, M.D., associate professor of family and community medicine, was named Faculty of the Year.
- Tenure was granted to Elmus Beale, Ph.D., professor of medical education.
- Gilbert Handal, M.D., associate professor of pediatrics, was honored with the Lifetime Teaching Award.
- Charmaine Martin, M.D., assistant professor of family and community medicine, was named Outstanding Faculty of the Year.
- Dan I. Blunk, M.D., associate professor of psychiatry, was named Outstanding Teacher of the Year.