35th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference for Health Care Professionals
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 35th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference in Clinical Pediatrics Aug. 19-20 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The goal of the conference is to provide area health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. The conference is held annually and is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Pediatrics.
Presentations and speakers include:
- The Preparticipation Sports Evaluation: Not Just a Hernia Check and Pediatric Sports Related Traumatic Brain Injury (aka Concussed Kids), Joseph Chorley, M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Food Allergy by the Guidelines and Eosinophilic Esophagitis: What’s a Cell Like You Doing in a Place Like This?, Dan Atkins, M.D., Ambulatory Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver
- Calcium and Vitamin D: How Much Do Children Really Need? and Post-discharge Nutrition for High Risk Neonates, Steven A. Abrams, M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Abusive Head Trauma in Infants and Burns and Child Abuse, James Lukefahr, M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Pediatric Oncology Overview and Update, Patrick Reynolds, M.D., Ph.D., TTUHSC School of Medicine Cancer Center director
- Hearing Loss in Children and Adolescents: Current Trends and Advances in Rehabilitative Technology, Candace Hicks, Ph.D., TTUHSC Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Breastfeeding Update, Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., TTUHSC Amarillo Department of Pediatrics
- The Funny-Shaped Head: Plagiocephaly, Synotosis, Joshua Demke, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Surgery and Laszlo Nagy, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Pediatrics
- Teen Straight Talk, Linda Brice, Ph.D., TTUHSC Anita Thigpen Perry School of Nursing
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
TTUHSC Celebration of Life Service was held March 25th in remembrance of Tom McGovern, Ed.D.
TTUHSC has been named as a Military Friendly® School for 2022-2023. Among graduate schools, TTUHSC ranked fourth in the nation, achieving Gold award status.
On March 16, fourth-year TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy students interested in completing a residency after they graduate in May, learned where they would spend the next stage of their training during the Pharmacy Residency Match Day.
CPRIT recently awarded a $1 million prevention grant to Rakhshanda Rahman, M.D., Rebeccah Baucom, M.D., and John Kidwell, M.D., from the TTUHSC School of Medicine.
The Innovation Hub at Research Park today (September 26, 2022) announced the winners of its annual Presidents' Innovative Startup Awards. The award recognizes startups that have a high potential for growth and an economic impact in West Texas.