Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 35th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference in Clinical Pediatrics Aug. 19-20 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The goal of the conference is to provide area health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. The conference is held annually and is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Pediatrics.
Presentations and speakers include:
- The Preparticipation Sports Evaluation: Not Just a Hernia Check and Pediatric Sports Related Traumatic Brain Injury (aka Concussed Kids), Joseph Chorley, M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Food Allergy by the Guidelines and Eosinophilic Esophagitis: What’s a Cell Like You Doing in a Place Like This?, Dan Atkins, M.D., Ambulatory Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver
- Calcium and Vitamin D: How Much Do Children Really Need? and Post-discharge Nutrition for High Risk Neonates, Steven A. Abrams, M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
- Abusive Head Trauma in Infants and Burns and Child Abuse, James Lukefahr, M.D., University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Pediatric Oncology Overview and Update, Patrick Reynolds, M.D., Ph.D., TTUHSC School of Medicine Cancer Center director
- Hearing Loss in Children and Adolescents: Current Trends and Advances in Rehabilitative Technology, Candace Hicks, Ph.D., TTUHSC Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Breastfeeding Update, Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., TTUHSC Amarillo Department of Pediatrics
- The Funny-Shaped Head: Plagiocephaly, Synotosis, Joshua Demke, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Surgery and Laszlo Nagy, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Pediatrics
- Teen Straight Talk, Linda Brice, Ph.D., TTUHSC Anita Thigpen Perry School of Nursing
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.