TTUHSC Hosts Third Annual West Texas Breast Disease Symposium
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host its Third Annual West Texas Breast Disease Symposium on June 29. The theme of the event is “Primary Care is Not Secondary to Cancer Care.”
The symposium, provided by TTUHSC Breast Center of Excellence, the Office of Continuing Medical Education, and University Medical Center Southwest Cancer Center, will feature a series of presentations on the multidisciplinary management of and care for breast cancer patients. The event welcomes primary care physicians, family doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and other health care professionals.
Presentations and speakers will include:
- “USPTF, ACS, and ASBrS – Oh My…” Rakhshanda Layeequr Rhaman, M.D.
- “But I’m Just the PCP!” Craig Barker, M.D.
- “Genetic Testing: Enhancing Care for Your Patient and Their Kin” Julie Beasley, MS, LCGC.
- “Psychosocial Factors Impacting Patient Quality of Life” Evan Guidry, Ph.D.
- “Impact of Chronic Health Conditions on Breast Cancer Care: Case Discussion for Surgical/Medical/Anesthetic Decision-making” Catherine Jones, M.D., Robert Johnston, M.D., and Rakhshanda Layeerque Rahman, M.D.
- “Preservation of Fertility in the Breast Cancer Patient” Robert Kauffman, M.D.
- “Lymphedema: Lifelong Risks and Rehab Needs” Belinda Alexander, MOT, OTR, and Danna Moeller, OTR, MS.
- “Symptom Management in Breast Cancer” Kelly Klein, M.D. and Sandra Scherpereel, APRN-BC, ACHPN
Registration without a late fee will be open until June 22. For online registration, visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/tracker/conferences.aspx
For more information about the Symposium, call (806) 743-2929, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTUHSC Celebration of Life Service was held March 25th in remembrance of Tom McGovern, Ed.D.
TTUHSC has been named as a Military Friendly® School for 2022-2023. Among graduate schools, TTUHSC ranked fourth in the nation, achieving Gold award status.
On March 16, fourth-year TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy students interested in completing a residency after they graduate in May, learned where they would spend the next stage of their training during the Pharmacy Residency Match Day.
The Innovation Hub at Research Park today (September 26, 2022) announced the winners of its annual Presidents' Innovative Startup Awards. The award recognizes startups that have a high potential for growth and an economic impact in West Texas.
Pablo Artigas, Ph.D., from TTHSC's School of Medicine’s Department of Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics, published a study with his team of collaborators in Nature Communications.