10th Annual Update in General Internal Medicine
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 10th Annual Update in General Internal Medicine March 30 – 31 at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide health care professionals involved in primary care with knowledge in current, contemporary and common issues relevant to internal medicine and general practice. The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Clostridium Difficile Infection: The Battle Continues,” Judy Lalmuanpuii, M.D.
- “Obesity – Medical Therapies Update,” Drew Payne, D.O.
- “2018 Update in MIPS,” Zachary Mulkey, M.D.
- “Identification, Treatment and Referral of Patients with Substance Use Disorders,” Jessica Nelson, M.D.
- “Conservative Care for Spine Related Problems: An Algorithmic Approach,” Sergiy Nesterenko, M.D.
- “VTE Prophylaxis in the Hospital Patient,” Michael Phy, D.O.
- “Bites and Stings in the Southwest,” James Tarbox, M.D.
- “ACA Update,” Gilbert Berdine, M.D.
- “Palliative Medicine101,” Louis Lux, M.D.
- “Breast Cancer Care and Survivorship: Recognizing the Role of the Primary Care Specialist,” Catherine Jones, M.D.
- “Diabetes Management in the Outpatient Setting,” Marcella Rivas, M.D.
- “Treatment Options for GERD/Reflux: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly,” Sameer Islam, M.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences hosted its 34th Annual Student Research Week March 8-11.
The National Cancer Institute awarded a five-year, $1.9 million grant to C. Patrick Reynolds, M.D., Ph.D., director for the School of Medicine Cancer Center at TTUHSC.
The school, which is the sixth at the university, aims to train future health care leaders in population and public health.
The TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy celebrated the Class of 2022 May 21 with its annual commencement ceremony.