Fifth Annual Update in General Internal Medicine
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 5th Annual Update in General Internal Medicine April 5-6 at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide health care professionals involved in primary care with knowledge in current, contemporary and common issues relevant to internal medicine and general practice. The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “To Treat or Not to Treat: Discontinuing the Doctor-Patient Relationship,” Cynthia Jumper, M.D.
- “Changing Therapies in Diabetes Care,” Shannon Yarbrough, M.D.
- “Management of Patients with Lipid Disorders,” Luisa Marin, M.D.
- “The Pap: What Now,” Robert Casanova, M.D.
- “Cancer Screening in the Primary Care Setting,” Neha Mittal, M.D.
- “Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Skin Infections (MRSA),” Michael Phy, D.O.
- “Challenges of Enacting the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” Gilbert Berdine, M.D.
- “What’s the Deal with Low T,” Zachary Mulkey, M.D.
- “Prostate-Specific Antigen Test for Screening and Evaluation of Prostate Cancer: An Evidence-Based Analysis,” Allan Haynes Jr., M.D.
- “Outpatient Management of C. Difficile,” Rebecca McDonald, M.D.
- “Newer Antithrombotic Agents: An Update for Primary Care Practitioners,” Leigh Ann Jenkins, M.D.
- “Diagnosis and Management of Peripheral Vascular Disease in the Primary Care Setting,” Dolores Buscemi, M.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
TTUHSC Celebration of Life Service was held March 25th in remembrance of Tom McGovern, Ed.D.
TTUHSC has been named as a Military Friendly® School for 2022-2023. Among graduate schools, TTUHSC ranked fourth in the nation, achieving Gold award status.
On March 16, fourth-year TTUHSC Jerry H. Hodge School of Pharmacy students interested in completing a residency after they graduate in May, learned where they would spend the next stage of their training during the Pharmacy Residency Match Day.
The Innovation Hub at Research Park today (September 26, 2022) announced the winners of its annual Presidents' Innovative Startup Awards. The award recognizes startups that have a high potential for growth and an economic impact in West Texas.
Pablo Artigas, Ph.D., from TTHSC's School of Medicine’s Department of Cell Physiology and Molecular Biophysics, published a study with his team of collaborators in Nature Communications.