30th Annual Clinical Update for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences will host the 30th Annual Clinical Update for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. June 28 at the Overton Hotel and Conference Center Horizon Ballroom, 2322 Mac Davis Lane.
The purpose of the conference is to provide ophthalmologists with current and emerging surgical techniques, treatments and medications for diseases and disorders of the eye. Learning objectives will include: recognizing and recommending further evaluation and treatment options for patients, including when to refer to other specialists in ophthalmology and developing patient-centered, evidence-based evaluation and treatment plans.
Presentations and speakers include:
- Clinical Research: Why Me, Why Now?
Wade A. Graham, M.D.
- Endophthalmitis — What’s New Locally and Globally
Mark T. Goulas, M.D.
- Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Transepithelial Phototherapeutic Keratectomy Guided
by Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging
Sloan W. Rush, M.D.
- New Options for the Management of Corneal Ectasia
Walter Beebee, M.D.
- Amniotic Membrane: The Cover Up
William W. Yang, M.D.
- Retina, Vitritis in a Healthy 18-Year-Old Male: What’s Next?
Michel J. Shami, M.D.
- Management of Retained Lens Fragments Following Cataract Extraction
Lina M. Marouf, M.D.
- Conclusions from the Comparison of Age-related Macular Degeneration Treatments Trial
Joel George, M.D.
- Mechanism of Macular Hole Closure
Sunil S. Patel, M.D.
- Current Concepts in the Management of Oculoplastics Disorders
Jorge Corona, M.D.
- Emerging Trends and Paradigm Shifts in Glaucoma Management
Craig J. Chaya, M.D. and John Kim, M.D.
- Ethics, Collegial Relationships and Communication
George R. Beauchamp, M.D., Charles Cohn, M.D., Prashanthi Giridhar, M.D., and Jonathan Kaufman, M.D.
- Update on Medial Uses of Botulinum Toxin in Ophthalmology
Kenn Freedman, M.D., Ph.D.
- Evaluation and Management of Optic Disc Edema
James Khu, M.D.
- An Emerging Framework for Target Therapy of Uveal Melanoma
David A. Lewis, M.D.
- What’s New in Pediatric Ophthalmology?
Curt Cockings, M.D.
The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and the Office of Continuing Medical Education. For more information, call Myra Jones, TTUHSC Office of Continuing Medical Education, at (806) 743-2929 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
TTUHSC Celebration of Life Service was held March 25th in remembrance of Tom McGovern, Ed.D.
TTUHSC has been named as a Military Friendly® School for 2022-2023. Among graduate schools, TTUHSC ranked fourth in the nation, achieving Gold award status.
CPRIT recently awarded a $1 million prevention grant to Rakhshanda Rahman, M.D., Rebeccah Baucom, M.D., and John Kidwell, M.D., from the TTUHSC School of Medicine.
The Innovation Hub at Research Park today (September 26, 2022) announced the winners of its annual Presidents' Innovative Startup Awards. The award recognizes startups that have a high potential for growth and an economic impact in West Texas.