The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Department of Ophthalmology will host the 5th Annual Clinical Optometry Update and Review from 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Jan. 25 at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide area health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of optometry. Professionals will come from across Texas and New Mexico.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Current Options for Retinal Detachment”
Kelly T. Mitchell, M.D.
- “Update on Cornea and Refractive Surgery”
David L. McCartney, M.D.
- “Itching To Help: Managing Ocular Allergy in the 21st Century”
William D. Townsend, O.D.
- “How to Add Holistic Wellness to Your Primary Care Practice”
Michael Dunn, O.D.
- “Adult Strabismus – Case Studies”
Allan M. Eisenbaum, M.D.
- “Pigmented Tumors of the Eye”
David A. Lewis, M.D.
- “Self-Inflicted Contact Lens Problems: The Patient, Technician and Doctor”
Charles L. Stockwell, O.D.
The conference provides eight hours of approved continuing education for optometrists.
For more information, contact Charity Donaldson at (806) 743-9500 ext. 245.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.