December Experts Available
- Steven Brooks, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians — Surgery, holiday food and alcohol overindulging could lead to surgery
- Paul Douthit, Ph.D., Texas Tech Physicians — Pediatrics, gift overload; children not getting gifts they want; holiday stress
- Sherry Sancibrian, M.S., CCC-SLP, School of Allied Health Sciences, helping loved ones with autism get through the holidays
- Melinda Corwin, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, School of Allied Health Sciences, helping children with ADD or ADHD handle the holidays
- Sharmila Dissanaike, M.D., Texas Tech Physicians — Surgery
National Handwashing Awareness Week Dec. 1-7
- Steven L. Berk, M.D., School of Medicine dean, TTUHSC provost, executive vice president
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
How Does Your Garden Grow?
As spring approaches, some people’s thoughts turn to gardening. Whether it’s a flower garden they desire or a vegetable garden want to have, they begin planning what they’ll plant and what they need to do to ensure a successful garden.
Adopt a Growth Mindset for a Better Life
A “growth mindset” accepts that our intelligence and talents can develop over time, and a person with that mindset understands that intelligence and talents can improve through effort and learning.
Drug Use, Family History Can Lead to Heart Disease in Younger Adults
Abstaining from drug abuse and an early diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol) can help prevent heart disease.
TTUHSC Faculty Receive Chancellor’s Council Distinguished Teaching and Research Awards
Recognizing academic excellence, the honors are the most prestigious awards granted to faculty throughout the TTU System. The awards are funded by gifts to the Chancellor’s Council, a giving society that supports the chancellor’s priorities across the TTU System.
Free Clinic Offered for Women’s Health Day
TTUHSC School of Medicine students will host a Women’s Health Day free clinic from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 15 at The Free Clinic
Researchers Study the Impact of Cancer on Hispanic Patients and Their Caregivers
TTUHSC Cytogenetic Technologist Jasbir Bisht and a team from P. Hemachandra Reddy’s internal medicine laboratory analyzed the impact of cancer in Hispanics in comparison to other ethnic groups.