The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Allied Health Sciences Physician Assistant Program in Midland and Reach Out and Read are co-hosting a book drive until Oct. 12.
Physician assistant students are asking the Midland community to donate books for children age 5 months to 6 years old. All books will go to a local medical clinic.
The Reach out and Read book drive will have drop boxes at the following locations:
- Gold’s Gym, 4400 N. Midland Drive #2001
- Gold’s Gym, 3 Meta Drive
- Jimenez Tae-Kwon-Do, Cornerstone Shopping Center, 4400 N. Midland Drive, Suite 404
- Polo Park Apartment Management Office, 4700 Polo Parkway
- Midland College, Dorothy and Clarence Scharbauer, Jr. Student Center, 3600 N. Garfield St.
- Midland College, Murray Fasken Learning Resource Center, 3600 N. Garfield St.
Reach Out and Read, a research-proven nonprofit organization, prepares America’s youngest children to succeed in school by partnering with doctors to prescribe books and encourage families to read together. At each regular checkup, children receive a new book. Founded in Boston in 1989, Reach Out and Read operates in more than 271 hospitals, health centers and pediatric practices in Texas.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.