Annual Clinical Optometry Update and Review
Texas Tech Physicians – Ophthamology will host the 4th Annual Clinical Optometry Update and Review from 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Academic Classroom Building 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide area health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of optometry. Professionals will come from across Texas and New Mexico.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Approaches to Antibiotic Therapy in Ophthalmic Infections," Richard Winn, M.D.
- “The Building Blocks of Coding for Optometry,” Sandra Farr Schnable, CPC, CCS-P
- “New Tools and Guidelines for an Old Problem," Kelly T. Mitchell, M.D.
- “Iris Anatomy and Tumors," David A. Lewis, M.D.
- “Managing Cataract Surgical Complications," David L. McCartney, M.D.
- “A Clear View of Diabetes," Kelly T. Mitchell, M.D.
- “Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Agents Used in Eye Clinics," Daniel J. Good, M.D. and David L. McCartney, M.D.
- “Don’t Cry for Dry Eye," Cathy Y. Wittman, O.D.
The conference provides eight hours of approved continuing education for optometrists. For more information, contact Charity Donaldson at (806) 743-9500 ext. 245.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.
The Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences hosted its 34th Annual Student Research Week March 8-11.
The National Cancer Institute awarded a five-year, $1.9 million grant to C. Patrick Reynolds, M.D., Ph.D., director for the School of Medicine Cancer Center at TTUHSC.
Equip Yourself with Lifesaving Skills – Know How to Stop the Bleed During National Stop the Bleed Month
Brittany Bankhead, M.D., an assistant professor of surgery for the Division of Trauma, Burns and Critical Care at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, said life-threatening bleeding can happen in everyday scenarios.
TTUHSC celebrated the completion of the School of Health Professions Physician Assistant Program expansion May 16 with a ceremonial ribbon cutting.