Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 36th Annual Pediatric Postgraduate Conference on Clinical Pediatrics 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Aug. 17 and 7:15 a.m. to noon Aug. 18 at the International Cultural Center, 601 Indiana Ave.
The purpose of this conference is to provide health care professionals with recent and continuing advances in the field of pediatrics. Input from previous evaluations, faculty expertise and newly released and relevant clinical data are used to determine needs and scope of topics.
Presentations and speakers include:
Stephen Daniels, M.D., Ph.D.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypertension
- Hypercholesterolemia in Children: Screening and Treatment
Lara Johnson, M.D.
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infections): Update and Controversies
Jeffrey Zahn, M.D., Ph.D.
- Challenging Cases in Infectious Diseases
- Community Acquired Pneumonia
Joan Shook, M.D., MBA
- Primum Non Necere
Eric Sparks, M.D.
- Current Concepts in Neonatal Resuscitation
Andy Bowman, M.D.
- GBS (Group B Streptococcus): It’s Still Here
Roger Tipton, DDS, and Joshua Demke, M.D.
- Timing and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate: A Primary Care Perspective
C. Mary Healy, M.D.
- Impact of Parental Refusal of Vaccines
- Confronting Common Vaccine Myths
Marcela Nur, M.D.
- Adolescent Eating Disorders: Early Diagnosis and Treatment
The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Pediatrics and the Office of Continuing Medical Education. For more information call Myra Jones, TTUHSC Office of Continuing Medical Education, at (806) 743-2928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.