Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), the UMC Health System Timothy J. Harnar Burn Center and the Trauma Center and Surgical ICU will host the 17th Annual Trauma and Critical Care Symposium 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide the latest advances and updates in trauma, critical care and intensive care medicine with a focus on providing tools for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics and other health care providers to improve everyday patient care and outcomes of the trauma and critical care patient.
Presentations and speakers include:
- The Texas Trauma System: An Overview, History and Current, Ronald Stewart, M.D., Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Optimizing the Communication Skills of Inter-Professional Health Care Teams, Cannon Allen, R.N., BSN, CCRN, UMC Health System
- Unique Uses of Antibiotics in the ICU, Richard Winn, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine
- Difficult Conversations: Life Sustaining Interventions, Andrew Dentino, M.D., TTUHSC departments of internal medicine, family and community medicine and psychiatry
- Arrhythmias in the Acute Care Setting, Alex Perez-Verdia, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine
- Frost Bite and Other Cold Related Injuries, Sharmila Dissanaike, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Surgery
- Motorcycle Injuries: Patterns and Prevention, John Fitzwater, M.D., TTUHSC Department of Surgery
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/medicine/continuing-medical-education/.
For more breaking news and experts, follow @ttuhscnews on Twitter.