Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 9th Annual Update in General Internal Medicine March 24 – 25 at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide health care professionals involved in primary care with knowledge in current, contemporary and common issues relevant to internal medicine and general practice. The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Internal
Medicine and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Bio-Testosterone Therapy: The Fountain of Youth or Pandora’s Box?” Michael Phy, D.O.
- “Honey Grab the Kids: There are TNFs in the Community (Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Primary Care Setting,” John Pixley, M.D.
- “Insomnia: Assessment and Treatment,” Dolores Buscemi, M.D.
- “Diagnosis and Treatment for Structural Heart and Peripheral Vascular Disease,” Mac Ansari, M.D.
- “Taking the Pain Out of Seeing a Patient with Eye Pain,” Kelly Mitchell, M.D.
- “2017 MACRA and MIPS Update –The Final Rule,” Zachary Mulkey, M.D.
- “Drugs of Abuse: Kratom – An Old Drug with Use on the Rise,” Drew Payne, M.D.
- “The Future of the ACA in a Post Trump World,” Gilbert Berdine, M.D.
- “End of Life Discussions: Tools for Success,” Shannon Tapia, M.D.
- “Advanced heart Failure Therapies: Where Do We Stand Today?” Nandini Nair, M.D.
- “Work Up of the Thyroid Nodule,” Neha Mittal, M.D.
- “Has the Scope Replaced the Scalpel?” Sameer Islam, M.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/cme.