Thursday, December 20, 2012
Career Center Open for Nursing Students and Alumni
Counselors are available to meet in person, by phone and via teleconferencing upon request.
Written by Beth Phillips
Nurses are in high demand in Texas and throughout the nation.
The School of Nursing recently opened a new Career Services Center in Room 2C200 to provide programs and services to empower students and alumni to actively explore, pursue and implement career and education decisions.
Through collaborative partnerships with academic departments and employers the center provides the most current and innovative career resources and information.
Employment of registered nurses is expected to grow 26 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Faster than average growth is expected in traditional hospital settings, as well as in non-hospital settings, such as physician’s offices and home health care services.
Career Center services include:
- Resume and cover letter development and review
- Interview preparation, including mock interviews
- Annual Lubbock Career Fair featuring desirable hospitals
- National job search database with online applications
- Online job search and application site, including internships and residencies
- Lunch sessions with alumni from various nursing fields
The center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, call (800) 493-3954 or email SONCareer@ttuhsc.edu.
Story produced by the Office of Communications and Marketing, (806) 743-2143.
Leave a Reply
School of Nursing
The School of Nursing began in 1979 with the development of the first nationally accredited Continuing Nursing Education Program in Texas.
With campuses in Lubbock, Amarillo, Abilene, Dallas and the Permian Basin, the school offers a variety of programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- RN to BSN
- Second Degree Web-based BSN
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwifery
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Post Master's Nurse Educator Certificate Program
Connect with the School of Nursing on Facebook.