Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the 10th Annual Update in General Internal Medicine March 30 – 31 at the TTUHSC Academic Classroom Building, 3601 Fourth St.
The goal of the conference is to provide health care professionals involved in primary care with knowledge in current, contemporary and common issues relevant to internal medicine and general practice. The conference is sponsored by the TTUHSC Department of Internal Medicine and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Clostridium Difficile Infection: The Battle Continues,” Judy Lalmuanpuii, M.D.
- “Obesity – Medical Therapies Update,” Drew Payne, D.O.
- “2018 Update in MIPS,” Zachary Mulkey, M.D.
- “Identification, Treatment and Referral of Patients with Substance Use Disorders,” Jessica Nelson, M.D.
- “Conservative Care for Spine Related Problems: An Algorithmic Approach,” Sergiy Nesterenko, M.D.
- “VTE Prophylaxis in the Hospital Patient,” Michael Phy, D.O.
- “Bites and Stings in the Southwest,” James Tarbox, M.D.
- “ACA Update,” Gilbert Berdine, M.D.
- “Palliative Medicine101,” Louis Lux, M.D.
- “Breast Cancer Care and Survivorship: Recognizing the Role of the Primary Care Specialist,” Catherine Jones, M.D.
- “Diabetes Management in the Outpatient Setting,” Marcella Rivas, M.D.
- “Treatment Options for GERD/Reflux: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly,” Sameer Islam, M.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/cme.