Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) will host the “Update in Heart Failure Management: A Multidisciplinary Approach” May 6 at the McInturff Conference Center, 602 Indiana Ave.
The event is targeted to cardiovascular specialists as well as internal medicine, pediatric and primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other health care professionals who focus on cardiovascular health. The conference is sponsored by the Texas Tech Physicians Center for Cardiovascular Health and the Office of Continuing Medical Education.
Presentations and speakers include:
- “Hypertension and Heart Failure,” Scott Shurmur, M.D.
- “Acute Decompensated Heart Failure – Etiology and Management,” Nandini Nair, M.D., Ph.D.
- “Management of Ischemic Cardiomyopathy,” Leigh Ann Jenkins, M.D.
- “Arrhythmia Management in Heart Failure Patients,” Olusegun Oyenuga, M.D.
- “Role of CRT in Heart Failure Patients,” Anurag Singh, M.D.
- “Role of Cardiovascular Imaging in the Management of Heart Failure,” Aliakbar Arvandi, M.D.
- “Role of Percutaneous Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) in Heart Failure,” Subasit Acharji, M.D.
- “Percutaneous Treatment of Valvular Diseases in Heart Failure Patients,” Mac Ansari, M.D.
- “Mechanical Circulatory Support Therapy for Advanced Heart Failure,” Benjamin Hirsch, M.D.
- “Role of Remote Volume Monitoring Devices in Chronic Heart Failure Management,” Rajesh Nambiar, M.D.
- “Management of End Stage Heart Failure,” Nandini Nair, M.D., Ph.D.
For more information, call Myra Jones at (806) 743-2929 or visit www.ttuhsc.edu/cme.